Facilities & Equipment
Players Edge features the best 20,000 sq. ft. training environment in the area. Visit soon and see for yourself!
- 9 Batting Cages Featuring Iron Mike, Home Plate, Hack Attack & Bata Softball Pitching Machines
- 2 Dedicated Pitching Tunnels/Long Toss Area
- 45’x100’ Clinic/Team Practice Area with 3 Expandable Cages
- Portable Mounds in Many Cages
- Outstanding Lighting and Turf throughout the Training Area
- Team Meeting Room
- Flexible Cage Design to Easily Create Large Open Spaces
Iron Mike™ Pitching Machines
Why Arm-Style Pitching Machines?
Hitting is all about timing. You must have the proper timing to know when to start your swing and when to shift your weight. This is achieved by watching the pitcher’s arm and release of the ball. An arm-style pitching machine is the only type of pitching machine that gives you that same sense of timing. With each pitch you see the machine’s arm wind up and release the ball. It is the realistic nature of the machine that allows you to practice the same fundamentals in the batting cages as you use on the field. Because of this, the Iron Mike arm-style pitching machines from Master Pitching Machine are the favorite machines of professional players and coaches worldwide.
The Iron Mike machines have a speed range of 25 to 85 MPH. Each cage has markings for the appropriate plate placement so all hitters can practice at the same distance they play at. In Addition, each cage is 65’ long, allowing our high school and adult hitter to hit at the full 60’, 6” distance.
Home Plate Pitching Machine
The Home Plate machine can simulate almost any pitcher that you are likely to face. It can throw a 90 MPH fastball, followed by a 75 MPH curve, followed by a change-up, followed by a slider. And it can do it all automatically with only seven seconds between pitches. The Home Plate machine can also throw stored pitches in sequential order, or you can practice repeatedly against any individual pitch.
The programmable feature of the Home Plate machine opens up endless new possibilities for drills that target specific hitting skills. You can store up to eight different pitches in each of eight different programs (up to 64 total pitches). With the Home Plate machine the hitting drills you design are limited only by your imagination, not your equipment. It’s like having an incredibly accurate professional batting practice pitcher that never gets tired.
Hack Attack Pitching Machine
- With the three-wheel design you can see the ball clearly all the way through the feeding motion, acceleration and release, just like a live pitcher.
- The hitter sees when to stride and the angle of release, giving him an actual live-arm sense of timing and location.
- With a quick turn of the dials you can effortlessly throw major league fastballs, and right and left handed breaking pitches including curveballs, sliders and split fingers.
- The three-wheel design changes the breaking pitch plane by simply adjusting wheel speed dials. (All two-wheel units require time consuming awkward throwing head adjustments to change from fastballs to curveballs or right to left handed breaking pitches.)
- The elevation adjustment handle will raise or lower the pitch. With a simple turn, you can even move the pitch up or down within the strike zone between pitches. (On two-wheel units it may be necessary to release a locking mechanism, reposition the entire throwing head by tilting it manually and then re-locking the locking mechanism. These are awkward time-consuming adjustments.)
BATA-1 Baseball/Softball Pitching Machine
62 mph with leather baseballs or BATA Dimpled Baseballs/Softballs
BATA-1 Twin Softball Pitching Machine
For serious softball players only – Fastball/Change Up in one set up!
The BATA-1 Twin Pitch Softball Pitching Machine does what no other softball machine has done before. It gives you two pitches on one set up.
- 2 different pitches in ONE SET UP
- Fastball up to 70 mph / Change